Business Development Manager
ForceDry are the UK’s leading independent screed testing and drying specialists. We have a fleet of specialist equipment which uses underfloor heating to gently and safely dry liquid screed in less time than natural drying. Our equipment is also used to commission and condition dry screed ready for floor finish, provide environmental controls and background heat for any project with underfloor heating.
Working with Tier 1 Contractors, Sub-contractors, and Independent Developers, ForceDry has an impressive portfolio having supported world-class developments across the UK, Guernsey, Jersey and London’s skyline in particular.
The UK is benefitting from a residential and commercial development boom. Conscious consumerism is here to stay, and underfloor heating and modern quick dry screeds offer cleaner, greener eco credentials and growth in this market is impressive. As a result, over the last 5 years we have been expanding rapidly with 2020 achieving a 33% growth YOY.
2020-21 will deliver even greater opportunity to grow and with that in mind we are now searching for a Business Development Manager to join our fast-growing team and develop commercial propositions to existing clients and win new business.
Reporting to the Director the Business Development Manager will be responsible for mining our current contacts to gain more business and better long-term partnerships from existing clients. In addition to this you will identify and approach new business to introduce our services and close deals.
You will work at the very early business development stages – introducing ForceDry to companies for the first time, influencing customers and potential clients through preparing and delivering high quality proposals. You will take this all the way through to commercial negotiations and successful closure.
We are looking for a driven, engaging, communicative and diligent BDM to introduce ForceDry to as many relevant companies and contacts as possible. Your ability to have a long-term view (some potential projects may take a year or more before they are ready for our services) and quick reactions to propose problem solving solutions to commercial needs will be key for this.
- Lead, drive and deliver commercial proposals
- Business development: seek out and develop new opportunities and introductions
- Building relationships to win repeat business and create long-term partnerships
- Deciding and prioritising activity on accounts / projects with support the Director and Operations Manager
- Build a long-term forecast of potential revenue
- Manage the procurement procedure for all new business
- 3+ years’ experience working within the construction market
- 3+ years’ BDM or Account Management experience
- Excellent IT and admin skills (proficient in Microsoft applications, excel, PowerPoint etc)
- Driven, target / commission orientated
- Transparent CRM, sharing information and leads
- Have good communication and spoken English
- A team player
Role type: Full Time / Permanent / Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
Location: Our head office is near Banbury in Oxfordshire. This position could be remote, working from home. Ideally within easy commute to central London where the majority of our clients are based.
£30K+ per annum depending on experience
£60k + OTE with uncapped commission
To apply please email your CV to;